In order to provide a safe and fun environment for everyone, all Mystic Indoor Sports (MIS) members, coaches, parents, guests, staff, and program participants are to observe the following facility rules and conduct policies.
- Appropriate footwear required:
- Tennis shoes are required on the tennis courts. No black soled shoes.
- Flat-rubber soled athletic shoes only in the multi-sport facility.
- CLEATS ARE NOT PERMITTED
- No playing with sports equipment outside court area, including club house and all viewing areas.
- No Mystic Indoor Sports property or equipment may be removed from the facility.
- Running, jogging or any form of warm-up is prohibited outside the court area.
- No food or drink (except water) permitted in the multi-sport complex. For safety, glass containers are not allowed in either the tennis center or multi-sport complex and spills must be cleaned immediately.
- No tobacco products allowed on facility grounds including the parking lot. Alcohol is only permitted in the club house for special events with prior MIS management approval.
- Park only in designated areas. Handicapped spaces are reserved for vehicles displaying proper identification. Those illegally parked will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Medical Emergencies: MIS reserves the right to seek emergency care for any injured player (adult or minor) as deemed necessary per circumstance including ambulance assistance.
- Managers and coaches are advised to carry medical release forms, first aid kits and extra uniforms to each game.
- Lost / Stolen Policy: MIS is not responsible for items left, lost, or believed taken without owner’s permission from our facility. Found items will be held at the front desk for approximately two weeks. Water bottles will be thrown away immediately for sanitary reasons.
- Snow Days/Natural Disaster Policy: Should inclement weather or natural disaster prohibit safe travel, or operations, MIS reserves the right to cancel scheduled programs, with “Make-up” session(s) arranged for those missed based on coach /facility availability.
MIS Conduct Policy
- Refrain from criticizing referees, players or coaches; all major complaints must be addressed in writing to MIS.
- Show respect to staff, self and others
- Keep hands, feet, body, and objects to yourself
- Demonstrate good sportsmanlike conduct before and after all games and events. Acts of physical or verbal aggression, on or off the court will not be tolerated
- Do not willfully destroy or remove MIS or another participant’s property
- Children not accompanied by a parent/guardian are not to leave a supervised activity without notifying MIS staff person
- Always clean up after all activities
Mystic Indoor Sports, (“MIS”, “We”), respects the importance of protecting your personal information and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We recognize the need for appropriate protections and management of your personal information that you may provide to us. We have therefore established this Privacy Statement to assist you in understanding what information we collect and how it is used.
What personal information does MIS collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact a specific individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, or email address. MIS may collect certain personal information from customers, business partners, employees, and candidates for employment. MIS does not collect personal information when you visit the website unless you choose to provide such personal information.
On the MIS website you can request information, subscribe to marketing or support materials, or apply for jobs at MIS. The types of personal information you provide to us on these pages may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, company, title, employment background, job interest data, and benefit choices.
With whom does MIS share personal information?
MIS may contract with third-party service providers and suppliers to deliver marketing material, complete products, and deliver services and customer solutions. MIS may share personal information with its service providers and suppliers for the sole purpose and only to the extent needed to support the clients’ business needs. Service providers and suppliers are required to keep confidential the personal information received from MIS and may not use it or any purpose other than as originally intended.
We may also share your information with a partner who can assist with your request for information if MIS does not have representation in your area. The partner may use these details to contact you about the services that they may offer as well as other MI seSrvices that you may be interested in. If you do not want to receive information from our distributors or partners, you may opt out by following the procedures set forth in the Choice/Opt-Out Section of this policy.
Third parties receiving personal information are expected to apply the same level of privacy protection as contained in this Privacy Statement.
Except as provided above, MIS will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by, or in connection with, law enforcement action, subpoena or other litigation, or applicable law.
MIS will not sell, trade, or lease your personal information to others.
Choice and opt-out
MIS does not require that you provide us with personal information. The decision to provide personal information is voluntary; however, if you do not wish to provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested.
Security of personal information
MIS is committed to taking reasonable efforts to secure the personal data you choose to provide us. To protect the privacy of any personal information you may have provided, MIS employs industry-standard controls including physical access controls, internet firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring. In addition, access to sensitive data as defined in this Statement is limited to those individuals and agents having a need to know.
Other information/logging and cookies
MIS collects and/or logs internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet domain names, the web browser and operating system used to access the website, the files visited, the time spent in each file, and the time and date of each visit.
You can set your browser to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. The information we collect and analyze is used to improve our service to you and personalize your web-browsing experience.
Links to non-MIS websites and third parties
MIS will engage in periodic self-assessment to verify that it continues to be in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions regarding the Privacy Statement or believe that the privacy of your personal information has not been respected, you may submit a complaint in writing to the attention of Mystic Indoor Sports, 501 Ocean Avenue, New London, CT 06320.
Changes to this Statement
MIS will review and update this Statement periodically. Updated December 2014.
Enforcement of Rules and Policies
- Use of inappropriate or abusive language and/or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, intended damage to property or belongings, or any other behavior that reflects poorly individually or on MIS, is deemed unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Improper actions by spectators, coaches, or players may result in match suspension, termination, or forfeiture.
- Team managers and coaches are responsible to ensure all associated players and spectators observe all MIS rules, regulations and policies.
- MIS reserves the right to expel any individual or team from any program without refund for misconduct committed upon the premises, and have any guest removed who does not abide by MIS facility rules or conduct policies
Mystic Indoor Sports will be closed, and programming will not be scheduled on the following Holidays:
- Independence Day (4th of July)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve - Half Day
- Christmas Day
Waiver of Liability and Indemnity
Waiver of Liability and Indemnity:
In consideration of my being a member at MIS, I expressly agree that the use of MIS facilities and equipment, participation in MIS sponsored activities and events, and participation in any exercise activity in general is undertaken by me, any co-members under this membership, my guests, family and/or dependents at my and their own risk. I hereby agree and fully assume all risks associated with the participation in any exercise activity at the MIS facilities or the use of MIS facilities and equipment, even if due to the NEGLIGENCE of MIS, its board, officers, agents, employees, and contractors. I hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold MIS, its board, officers, agents, employees, landlords, and contractors harmless from and against any and all claims by me, any co-member under this membership, my guests, family and/or dependents arising out of damage or injury to person or property occasioned by the use of MIS’ facilities and equipment, participation in MIS sponsored activities, or participation in any active or passive exercise or athletic regimen by me, any co-member under this membership agreement, my guests, family and/or dependents, even if due to the NEGLIGENCE of MIS, its board, officers, agents, employees, landlords and contractors.. I hereby agree and acknowledge that the use of MIS equipment and facilities and exercise in general may involve a risk of injury and I represent and warrant that I am in good health and have no disability, impairment, injury, disease or ailment preventing me from using MIS facilities and equipment or engaging in active or passive exercise or which would cause increased risk or injury or adverse health consequences as a result of my use of MIS facilities and equipment in any manner. I hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold MIS harmless from any claim by me, any co-member under this membership, my guests, family and/or dependents against MIS, its board, officers, agents employees, landlords, and contractors of any liability arising from participation in any particular exercise or athletic regimen by me, any co-member under this agreement, my guests, family and/or dependents, even if due to the NEGLIGENCE of MIS, its board, officers, agents, employees, landlords, and contractors. I further acknowledge and agree that, MIS, its Board, officers, agents, employees, landlords, and contractors shall not be responsible or liable to me, any co-member under this membership agreement, my guests, family and/or dependents for articles damaged, lost, or stolen in, on or about any MIS facility, or placed in any lockers, or for loss damages to any property including but not limited to automobiles and the contents therein, and agree to fully assume all risk of damage or loss to any such articles or property.